Addiction cannot be overcome with sole will of the addicts. Addicts need a proper environment to help them overcome the ordeal of drug addiction. Going through the recovery process is not easy for either the addicts or their loved ones. Their family members also need guidance. It is unfortunate that addiction claims hundreds and thousands of lives today. Addiction especially claims teenagers, but this doesn’t mean that it affects other age groups. In fact, most grown adults come under its shackles and are left dead or mentally distorted. Cocaine, marijuana, heroine, alcohol, and other drugs have a profound effect on body, mind, and soul. Drug abuse causes a chemical in balance, gradually destroys the entire body system, and eventually kills its addicts.
Understanding the grave importance of treating addiction is vital. Concerned authorities in today’s society have come up with various drug addiction treatment programs and methods, which give addicts a chance to choose from drug addiction treatment options to get better.
Different Drug Addiction Treatment Options
- Inpatient Drug Detox Treatment: Patients come and resides in the campus 24/7. A process of cleansing his/her body of harmful toxins of drugs is absorbed. This takes place under supervision of a medical professional.
- Outpatient Drug Addiction Program: Patients are not required to come and stay in the campus; they can go on with their day-to-day routines and come down for treatment and checkups, as prescribed.
- Residential Programs- Patients leave their homes and come live in the facility under constant observation.
- Partial Hospitalization Drug Addiction Programs- Patients receive their treatments when they get home in the evenings. It involves regular counseling and education sessions, accounting for up to 7-8 hours a day.
- Adolescent Treatments- Is focused on group counseling where teenagers communicate with children of the same age suffering from drug abuse.
- Dual Diagnosis Program– Individuals with both mental illness and drug abuse are treated.
- Specific Methadone Detox- This drug addiction program is formulated for specific users of morphine and heroine. Medications are used to remove this toxic synthetic opiate, which alleviates a craving for the drug.
- Drug Addiction Program Designed for Seniors- Specialized care of older Floridians who may have pain management concerns along with drug or alcohol addiction issues.
- Women’s Rehab Program– Surprisingly, women are more likely to get addicted to drugs than men. These rehab programs are specifically devoted to women.
- Gay and Lesbian Drug Addiction Programs- These individuals are put into an environment where there is no discrimination and they can focus on getting better without being judged about their sexuality.
- Sober Living Programs- This program is for individuals who have completed their rehabilitation process, but the fear of relapse is present. This program creates an environment where they can live without this fear. It is a home away from home created for group of individuals who want to live a sober life.